Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Dealing with someone who is a pain to you?

My wife has a way of looking at my son with her pure heart and telling him, "Don't let one of those girls break your heart." I used to tell my little one the same things too, but life has taught me that heartbreak is God's primary mentoring tool in our lives. Our growth is forged in the fire of interpersonal relationships. I believe relationships are the medium God uses most to procure growth in our lives. God has a way of bringing people into our lives, who seem gifted at making us happiest and angriest all at the same time, whether it be a spouse, acquaintance, boss, or close relation. God tests, refines, and transforms us in the hot pot of relating to "stupid" people. You may say, "Why did you allow this person into my life. I feel akin to the devil for having to relate closely to them." Well, had that person not been allowed in your life, you may have been best friends with the prison guards, for doing something, which may have cost you your personal freedom. As they tried your faith, your treasure chest of patience, experience, and love unashamed was loaded (Rom. 5:3-5). Each new person God brings into our lives is a rainbow of dark and bright; they are God's messengers to mull and shape us into the image of His seamless Son. The Bible speaks clearly to our need to allow love to control in how we are with others (2 Cor. 5:14). We don't have to feel like we can love the seeming (messengers of Satan) God brings our way; we just need love them, dominated by a greater love (James 1:12). At the very least, we can love them for the better person they are making of us. Pray for me as you pray for you that God will help you accept the people gifts He brings your way, leaving you filled with His love to love them on purpose. This one's from deep within me, hope it helped you. People will lie about you to make themselves look better, they'll seem more interested in what you have to give than you; if our focus is on any thing less than their standing as creations of almighty God, hand-picked to grow us in our journey; we'll not allow God's love to control in our interactions with them.

3 comments:

  1. I think I know what you are talking about. When we look at the schedule at work, hoping we do not have to work with so and so, then it is evidence that we have refused to accept God's sovereign plan for us. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, my friend. That is all I can say. I needed that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luv you Rob you're a God-sent into my life.

    ReplyDelete